Pages

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Alton Towers

We went to Alton Towers over the weekend, partly as a birthday treat for my son David.
Although it was quite fun, I think it is drastically overpriced. A lot of the day you spend queuing up for rides. One of the rides had a queue of over a hour and a half! I feel that for the price you pay a lot of your day is wasted standing around.
We went on several rides throughout the day and enjoyed them all. I didn't get to go on the super fast scarey rides that I'd've liked to have done as I am the only one in the family that enjoys that sort of thing.
I was impressed when David said he'd go on the Runaway Mine Train as it is a fairly fast ride. He enjoyed it, as did I. It is quite fast but has no sudden drops which I don't think he'd've liked.
We all enjoyed the Sealife Centre and all the fish and assorted marine creatures. There was an excellent clear tunnel and the sharks and stingrays swam right over your head. It was much bigger than it looked like it was going to be, which was great. You could even put your hands in with the shrimps and let them eat dead skin off your hands.
The funniest bit of the day was seeing David's face in the photo from "The Flume". It was taken on the largest drop and he just looked so scared.

Overall we enjoyed the day but felt it was very expensive. And then on top of that they then charge you for parking!

No comments:

Post a Comment